Please provide the following:
- SDK Version: 36.0.0
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
My APK file size is 54MB. How to reduce the file size to upload it in playstore.
I m also used the command expo build:android -t app-bundle but still I m getting the same file size .
Currently, the minimum size you can get for Android is about 15mb (for standard, Managed workflow). Assets like images, fonts or icons, have the biggest impact on the size of your application. What can you do?
- Use expo optimize command (check --quality option)
- Load the largest assets from an external URL, asynchronously, in expo/AppLoading or directly in the component
- Use only the necessary icons and fonts weights (not whole sets)
- Do not import entire libraries, but only the most important functions (something like
import get from lodash/get)
- Compress all static video and audio files as much as possible
- Use “native” components as often as possible, sometimes it’s not worth importing the entire UI library for 1 or 2 elements…
I solve this issue by adding this code in module app build.gradle file.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.