How to add iOS Notification Service Extension without xCode

Hi, I am using firebase to get notification and want to custom image’s notification on ios. (I want to show an image in notification instead of app’s logo).
As I understand, I need to use xCode, go to File → New → Target and add Notification Service Extension. However, I don’t have Mac, using windows 10 instead. So how I can get this?
I tried to add these code in app.json, then run eas build -p ios --profile development but it says something like: Target ImageNotification not found.

"extra": {
  "eas": {
    "build": {
      "experimental": {
        "ios": {
          "appExtensions": [
            {
              "targetName": "ImageNotification",
              "bundleIdentifier": "com.my.app",
              "entitlements": {
                "com.apple.usernotifications.service": "development"
              }
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    }
  }
}
  • I am using managed workflow. Maybe I am misunderstanding something, and sorry for my bad English :slight_smile:

This configuration is just saying to eas that ImageNotification target will be created on the builder, so cli can generate credentials for it, but you still need to write config plugin that creates that target. You can check how one signal is doing that here GitHub - OneSignal/onesignal-expo-plugin: The OneSignal Expo plugin allows you to use OneSignal without leaving the managed workflow. Developed in collaboration with SweetGreen.

As I understand, I need to use xCode, go to File → New → Target and add Notification Service Extension.

That would only work for bare projects,