How do I unpublish a project once I have published it?

I published my app but it’s not ready for anyone else to use it yet, and I really want to delete it. How do I do this?

There are a couple of things you can do:

1. You can republish your app with "privacy": "unlisted" in your exp.json or app.json. This will make it so that your app isn’t listed anywhere on Exponent Home. But people who know the URL will be able to access it.

2. You can publish a blank project at the same URL and it will replace your projectl.

3. You can contact us on our Slack (join here: http://slack.expo.io/ ) and we’ll delete it for you. We’re planning to make a tool for this but we don’t have one yet.

Good luck!
Charlie

2 Likes

UPDATE: The functionality became available in the web interface of Expo. Just log in to your account, find the project, click gear icon, remove the project.

Thanks Charlie,
Ivan

7 Likes

I logged in and removed my projects on the website, but I can still access the projects from the expo mobile clients. Is this expected behavior or a bug?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Also noticed the same issue @vpsq . I don’t know how my project got published but I deleted it, and it still appears in mobile app.

I wonder is there a way to actually delete it? For now I’ve just overwritten it.

I have the same issue with some useless demo apps I was playing around with. It is really untidy to have them laying around on top of the potential security issues of having somthing remain that you thought you had deleted