From expo 42 to expo 45. Somewhere are these hooks dropped useCachedResource and useColorScheme

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 45
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

From expo 42 to expo 45. Somewhere are these hooks dropped useCachedResource and useColorScheme use to have boiler generated code to handle splash screen and
load FontAwesome from ‘@expo/vector-icons’

// Load fonts
    await Font.loadAsync({
      ...FontAwesome.font,
      'space-mono': require('../assets/fonts/SpaceMono-Regular.ttf'),
    });

What is the replacement… Is this boiler code no longer required ?

Hey @jjwallaby,

The useCachedResource and useColorScheme are custom hooks. If you run `npx create-expo-app --template and select the Navigation (TypeScript) template and you will find those custom hooks.

If you are looking for info on pre-loading assets or caching them see the docs on Asset Caching - Expo Documentation and can create your custom hooks too.

Thanks Aman,
I could not recall the step how I created in the first place.
The project I created was under 42. about 6-12mths.

Thanks for heads up.
I have done that step as a new instance
However the dev tools is not been launched.
example :-
Your native app is running at exp://192.168.18.6:19000

I mean this is not been launched.
Developer tools running on http://localhost:19002

I down graded expo-cli from 6.0.1 to 5.4.12.
So please close/
6.0.1 is broken.

Hey @jjwallaby, sorry for the inconvenience around Dev Tools web UI, but the latest CLI version has deprecated it. You can read more about our decisions on why we decided to deprecated it here: Sunsetting the Web UI for Expo CLI | by Brent Vatne | Jul, 2022 | Exposition

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.