Hey guys, i’m having an issue with an ejected ExpoKit app who’s build breaks if you include the
I’ve dropped this here as i’m trying to get as many eyes on it from you lovely people as possible to help, but i’ve also submitted this as a possible bug at https://github.com/expo/expo/issues/1374, as i think it’s possible that something included by ExpoKit, or ExpoKit itself, could be causing issues with duplicate types.
Steps to Reproduce
= Yep, it does, for me at least.
- Create a new create-react-native-app.
- Verify app running with yarn start and Expo app for iOS.
- Eject app to Expokit
- Run npm install to set up new dependencies
- Run pod install in the iOS folder.
- Verify runs and builds in both debug and release configurations
- Add the firebase pods to your Podfile (Firebase/Core, Firebase/Auth, and Firebase/Firestore) and run pod install.
- 8 Re-open Xcode and verify that it still builds for both schemes
- Install react-native firebase npm install react-native-firebase --save
- Link it using RN - react-native link react-native-firebase.
- Attempt to build for either configuration - both fail.
The app would compile and run as normal.
Xcode spits out a bunch of “semantic issues” - you can see a screenshot of one such error below (there are either 36 errors for debug scheme, or 24 for release).
The error is marked as coming from RNFirebase - however, it has been noted here:
That extraneous header paths might have caused problems, and using the invertase fork of react-native-google-sign-in seems to have solved the problem for some.
Unfortunately, i can’t test removing the Expo pods to build, as that produces a build error of it’s own, and using the non-expo fork of React native also causes an error as your fork calls a certain constructor not available in Vanilla RN.
I realise this might be something to do with my machine, so if anyone could point me in the right direction to look, i would be immensely greatful as this is stopping delivery of app builds to a client.
Please check out the demo i’ve put up on github below and see if you can spot my error and/or if it builds okay for you using the steps to reproduce.