SDK 34 - Build Error in Xcode

Across two different development machines, I have encountered this error when trying to build in xcode.

It occurs 5 times within the build process, and I’m not sure what to do about it. As far as I know, I haven’t changed anything from 2 days ago when it was building fine - but of course something has changed.

/Users/me/Documents/work/myapp/node_modules/react-native-reanimated/ios/Nodes/REANode.h:14:1: Duplicate interface definition for class ‘REAUpdateContext’.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? I’ve tried removing node_modules and reinstalling, as well as doing the same with pods. no progress.

it seems like ExpoKit has it’s own version of the Reanimated library that’s conflicting with the node_modules version…
But I’m not sure how to resolve it.

Hi @trev91

Did you resolve it? i have the same issue

Try commenting out the reanimated pod in the podfile. I did end up fixing it but I can’t remember exactly what I did. I believe that was it. Let me know!

1 Like

I will say though, the temporary work around I mentioned should be viewed as such. Perhaps if including the reanimated pod in the podfile is what’s causing the issue, then this is a documentation problem and we shouldn’t be directed to put it in there in the first place.

Thank you very much, i did it. i commented in the pod file the reanimated line code and it works.

Oh good!
@expo team: you might want to check into this one!

I have SDK 35 and the same error :roll_eyes:

me too