expo-media-library album path

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 46
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android (for now, did not test in iOS)
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Hello!

I have an application where I need to create an album, add assets to it and store these assets uris in the database so I can retrieve it later and show in an react-native component.
The assets are obtained from expo-image-picker (library or camera) and I use its uri to create an asset to add to the album.
The problem that I’m facing is that when I create an asset it is created in the device DCIM folder, then I add it to the album with copyAsset set to false.
But in this point I do not have any info of the uri of the asset that I just added to the album (except for the info from the DCIM folder). The Album also does not give information of its path in the system, therefore I even can’t “build” a uri with the album.path + asset.fileName or something like this.

Am I missing something in the docs?

I guess that a path prop in the Album would solve this problem. Or even addAssetsToAlbumAsync return the new assets infos.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.