@expo-google-fonts fail to load offline after the app as received an OTA expo update

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 42
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

First raised on discord and was asked to post here for someone on the Expo team to check out.

Repro steps:

1. Download a build from EAS that includes @expo-google-fonts loaded using useFonts hook from expo-fonts.
  2. Open the app and observe fonts load fine.
  3. Kill the app, turn on airplane mode and reopen the app. Observe the fonts still load fine.
  4. Publish an OTA update using expo publish and ensure that update is received and loaded onto the standalone app.
  5. Kill the app, turn on airplane mode and reopen the app. Observe the fonts get stuck loading, useFonts never throws an error OR sets loaded to true.

Linked below is one of the main messages from discord as well as some thoughts from @ccheever

@bycedric hey just wanted to followup on this. i have rebuilt my native app since you posted the fixes and i am still seeing the same issue. i am using this:
"assetBundlePatterns": ["**/*", "assets/**/*", "node_modules/@expo-google-fonts/**/*"],
setup. can you please share the example you used to verify the fix? maybe i can spot some difference in my app setup.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.