Expo App firebase functions not working on Android Phones but works fine on ISO phones

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 48
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all):Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on. #firebase mapview

Hi, am working on an app and am using Expo, to build the entire application. I was using my Iphone to build the application, since i know that what i build on ISO will working on Android as long as i don’t eject the app from expo. I finished building the app now when the time came to try it on the an Android phone, i was faced with a lot of problems. I noticed that some firebase functions like updateDoc, setDoc etc where being echoed as undefined which didn’t show on my Iphone, second i notice that i couldn’t use the MapView package on react native. I tried all sorts of solutions and the last solution i want to try is ejecting the entire application and building it natively in android studio, but before that i would like to know if there is an easier fix for this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.