exoplayer versions conflict after upgrade to sdk-45

I’ve upgraded my app to 45 to solve problem related file picker (png) and image picker with edit set to false, my problem is:
I’ve react-native-track-player and expo-av, the two components use different versions of exoplayer, this cause conflict and cause the app crash, there is a way to change the exoplayer used by expo-av or otherwise the one used by r-n-t-p?

Thanks

Hi @launchyoo

Could you post more info on this conflict? It might be possible to do what you want using patch-package.

Hi Wodin, practically expo-av in sdk 45 use a more recent version of exoplayer, so when I use setAudioAttributes the app crash with that error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method setAudioAttributes.
I’ve tried to install in sdk 45 the older versione of expo-av (the same version of the sdk 44) but eas build fail.

Maybe try using patch-package to install the later version of exoplayer in RN track player? Although I had a quick look and don’t see where that’s defined.

Hi wodin anf thanks for your time, do you think that with patch-package maybe I can downgrade expo-av to version 10.2 (that use previous versione of exoplayer) ? it’s possibile to do that with expo?

I’ve tried to downgrade expo-av by removing and reinstalling it with yarn (10.2.1 version), but the build failed with the following error Class 'kotlin.Unit' was compiled with an incompatible version of Kotlin. The binary version of its metadata is 1.6.0, expected version is 1.4.1.

I struggling with this problem…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.