Eas build error with localization (values-fr/strings.xml)

Here is the error I got when building :

[stderr] 
Execution failed for task ':app:bundleReleaseResources'.

> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.res.Aapt2ProcessResourcesRunnable
> Android resource linking failed

ERROR:/home/expo/workingdir/build/android/app/build/intermediates/incremental/release/mergeReleaseResources/merged.dir/values/values.xml:7129: AAPT: error: resource style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.SearchBox (aka com.soseeal.app:style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.SearchBox) not found.

ERROR:/home/expo/workingdir/build/android/app/build/intermediates/incremental/release/mergeReleaseResources/merged.dir/values/values.xml:7130: AAPT: error: resource style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.Retry (aka com.soseeal.app:style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.Retry) not found.

ERROR:/home/expo/workingdir/build/android/app/build/intermediates/incremental/release/mergeReleaseResources/merged.dir/values/values.xml:7131: AAPT: error: resource style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.Error (aka com.soseeal.app:style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.Error) not found.

ERROR:/home/expo/workingdir/build/android/app/build/intermediates/incremental/release/mergeReleaseResources/merged.dir/values/values.xml:7132: AAPT: error: resource style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.Empty (aka com.soseeal.app:style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.Empty) not found.

Building with --local works fine → aab is built and can be uploaded manually.

hi there!

refer to Troubleshooting build errors and crashes - Expo Documentation

there is likely some difference between your local env and the eas build env. perhaps you’re uploading different code than you expect (gitignore), or dependency versions are different.

Hi @brents, I already mentioned this kind of issue on ios build (EAS Build : InfoPlist.strings error: Build input file cannot be found · Issue #15441 · expo/expo · GitHub), I’m still building locally for months with Xcode as it is impossible to build with localization using eas.
Now I have the same kind of issue with android, local build works fine. I don’t have enough knowledge on android build and gradle to get more relevant information from this line

ERROR:/home/expo/workingdir/build/android/app/build/intermediates/incremental/release/mergeReleaseResources/merged.dir/values/values.xml:7129: AAPT: error: resource style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.SearchBox (aka com.soseeal.app:style/Imgly.PESDK.Editor.Panel.Soundstripe.SearchBox) not found.

I’ve opened a ticket at img.ly on this subject too.

It’s confirmed by img.ly it is a bug in their sdk → it can be temporarily fixed by adding 2 XML files in android/app/src/main/res/values and layout.
Waiting for the updated version of the SDK for testing