iOS 14.4.2 iPhone 11;
Demo video: video_2021-05-26_19-57-31.mp4 - Google Drive
There is a problem with locking the Camera and status bar orientation.
- The app.json orientation set to the “orientation”: “portrait”
- the iPhone system Portrait orientation lock is off (free rotate and change orientation).
- rotate the device from the portrait to the landscape orientation.
- Camera and status bar should be locked in portrait mode in the expo app
- When the device is rotated to the landscape orientation the status bar and camera rotates as well.
- If you switch the app (swipe from the bottom in the landscape mode and get back) - the status bar and camera orientation will be fixed to portrait until you rotate the device to portrait and then to landscape again.
@adamjnav @charliecruzan @nicknovitski @esamelson could you please take a look at this issue? Are there any solutions for fixing landscape camera orientation?
I’m also interested in the subject. I have an app that relates heavily to the Camera (in portrait mode), and I don’t want it to rotate if the phone is in landscape mode.
Is there any update regarding this one?
Does anyone know a fix here? Would also really appreciate this…
Any update regarding this issue?
Expo team, our company uses the priority plan. According to your main page one of the benefits of the priority plan is:
Help from the Expo team
We’re committed to supporting our developers, and our team can partner with yours to give you the professional, long-term support you need.
And we have had no answer for this topic for a long time (several months). Could you please at least answer on this topic for the priority plan user?
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.