AuthSession; Google Authentication documentation

Hello to everybody!

I’m trying to setup the Google authentication using AuthSession in this documentation (without Firebase)

The first problem is, that the slack example doesn’t work: on the devices and simulators nothing happen after pushing the button, and in web mode it returns an error

Error 401: invalid_client

The OAuth client was not found.

What I’ve done using steps in documentation:

• I’m not sure if it’s necessary, but I’ve installed yarn add expo-application

• I’ve registered in Credentials page (Google Cloud Platform)

• Logged in using expo login, in the terminal where I was starting expo start

• Create a new Google Client ID that will be used with expoClientId

• (Don’t know if it’s necessary) I’ve created a project in https://expo.dev/ and then published the project using dashboard of expo start

Where:

“expo”: {
“name”: “rn-my-project”,
“slug”: “rn-my-project”,
“version”: “1.0.0”,
“orientation”: “portrait”,
… }

Using the code in the example, provided in documentation for Google, I receive null as response.

As I understand, this should be enough to test the Google Authentication using AuthSession in Expo Go app. I also made iosClientId, androidClientId and webClientId, but I’m not sure if I made everything.

Will be glad for any help, because I couldn’t find any person with the problem as mine.

Yours sincerely.

Screenshot for publishing screen in expo start, because I’m allowed to add only one image in the post

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.