Sign in with Google: Have to verify expo.io as Authorized Url

SDK Version: 42.0.0
Platforms: Android

Hello, I have some questions about “Sign in with Google” using the expo-auth-session/providers/google library.

I am using the App Auth Session to sign my users in with Google. I have followed the guide and everything works fine when I run the app in Expo Go or native.

The problem is that when I want to publish my Google OAuth consent screen I need to authorize the expo.io domain because it’s used in the clientId of my Expo Go Proxy. This is of course not possible because I don’t own expo.io.

I have searched around a lot but found nothing about it. Do you have any advice for me or a solution on how to handle this problem?

I thought about maybe creating two apps in my Google Console and using them accordingly in production/development. The production app would not have the Expo go proxy.
I also thought about maybe I can redirect to my own domain and then redirect to my expo url which will open the go app so that I can keep using the same app in the Google Console in production and development.

Kind regards,

Egbert

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.