Android Build Fails (npx expo run:android) was working last week

Hi my android build was working fine a few days ago but today when I tried to build (having made NO changes since last week) I’m now getting this error:

> Task :app:processDebugMainManifest FAILED

package=“com.freem11.DivegoMobile” found in source AndroidManifest.xml: /Users/matthewfreeman/divegoMobile/DivegoMobile/android/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml.

Setting the namespace via a source AndroidManifest.xml’s package attribute is deprecated.

Please instead set the namespace (or testNamespace) in the module’s build.gradle file, as described here: Configure the app module  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers

This migration can be done automatically using the AGP Upgrade Assistant, please refer to Use the Android Gradle plugin Upgrade Assistant  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers for more information.

/Users/matthewfreeman/divegoMobile/DivegoMobile/android/app/src/debug/AndroidManifest.xml Error:

Attribute data@scheme at AndroidManifest.xml requires a placeholder substitution but no value for is provided.

See http://g.co/androidstudio/manifest-merger for more information about the manifest merger.

FAILURE: Build completed with 2 failures.

1: Task failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ‘:app:processDebugMainManifest’.

Manifest merger failed : Attribute data@scheme at AndroidManifest.xml requires a placeholder substitution but no value for is provided.

Is that note about: Setting the namespace via a source AndroidManifest.xml’s package attribute is deprecated, a new issue that needs to be resolved?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.