Android accent colors are different on managed and bare workflows

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 43
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

In managed workflow, my Android application has purple accent color. I don’t know where it comes from. This color appears in TextInputs when the text is selected, in the ScrollViews when the view ends (android:colorEdgeEffect in styles.xml). Changing primaryColor in app.json doesn’t affect this color.

I thought that I might have to eject the project to change the colors in the styles.xml, so I did so. After ejecting and running the app, the color has changed (without any code changes!). Now it is green (which is good for me).

I have no idea how can I change this color and I really want to stay in managed workflow. The purple one doesn’t fit my app at all. I can’t test the application on real device.

I tried to create new expo app using expo init and this color appears event on blank project.

Managed workflow on the left, bare workflow on the right (no code changes, only “expo eject”)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.