Trust anchor for certification path not found

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version:48
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all):Android only
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I am relatively new to exp, I was trying to show an image that Im getting from a URL, Im using image from expo-image, It gives an error as
“error”: "Failed to load resource
There was 1 root cause:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException(java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found.)
I did try searching for answers and one that I found was that the androidmanifest.xml file needs to be modified. However with the new npx expo we dont get the android and ios folders.
So the next best option I thought was adding permissions in the the app.json file. as such
“android”: {
“permissions”: [
“android.permission.INTERNET”,
“android.permission.READ_MEDIA_IMAGES”,
“android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE”,
“android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE”
]
},
This too still does not resolve the error. I am short on options as to what to do here. any help will be appreciated.

@wodin @matthias.heinlein

Hi @ameya1031

The error is probably with the server’s SSL certificate. Try going to the Qualys SSL Server Test and typing in the server’s name. It will do a bunch of tests and report any problems.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.