ios build failed:
Hello, I’m facing a problem with my managed workspace for the last 2 weeks when doing an EAS build.
I’m executing the command: EXPO_NO_CAPABILITY_SYNC=1 eas build
And it fails with this error:
iOS build failed:
The “Run fastlane” step failed with an unknown error. Refer to the “Xcode logs” phase for additional, more detailed logs
I couldn’t find any information regarding this error online and neither in xcode logs in your website.
The crazy thing is that it worked for 26 builds in a row, and suddenly the 27th build stopped working.
Because i have a managed workspace i can’t go any deeper than that so i would be happy if you can assist me with this error.
ios build failed:
Hello I can see your post
I’m sorry to hear that you’re facing issues with your managed workspace and the EAS build process. The error you’re encountering, “The ‘Run fastlane’ step failed with an unknown error,” can be challenging to diagnose without more specific information. However, I can provide you with some general troubleshooting steps that might help you resolve the problem:
- Check EAS Build Logs: In your EAS build command, you can add the
--local-authflag to store the build credentials locally and access the detailed build logs. For example:
EXPO_NO_CAPABILITY_SYNC=1 eas build --local-auth. This will allow you to examine the build logs for more specific error messages or clues about what might be causing the issue.
- Review Xcode Logs: If you have access to the Xcode logs, it’s essential to analyze them for any additional details. The Xcode logs often provide more in-depth information about the build process, errors, and warnings. Look for any specific error messages or stack traces that might help identify the root cause.
- Update Dependencies: Ensure that you have the latest versions of your dependencies and libraries installed. This includes Expo, React Native, and any other relevant packages in your managed workspace. Outdated dependencies can sometimes lead to build issues, so updating them may resolve the problem.
- Clean and Rebuild: Try cleaning your build directory and then rebuilding the project from scratch. This can help eliminate any potential caching or build configuration issues that might be causing the problem.
- Reach Out to Expo Support: If the issue persists, it may be beneficial to reach out to Expo support directly. They have dedicated channels, such as their forums or GitHub repository, where you can ask for assistance and provide more specific information about your project and configuration. They will be better equipped to provide guidance based on the details you provide. TellHappyStar Survey
Thanks and regards