Notification received/response listeners never fires while projectId is set and using Expo Go

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 48
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I am having trouble receiving events from the addNotificationReceivedListener. I followed the minimal working example here. However, sending a notification using the Expo notification tool and through the send API endpoint only work while the app is closed. If the app is running it simply does nothing. Even while shouldShowAlert is set to true in the notification handler. If I send a notification using scheduleNotificationAsync it works as expected, but this doesn’t help when I need to receive and display external notifications in-app. Am I going about this all wrong? Should I handle my in-app notifications differently? I’ve done quite a bit of research on this in the last few days and have found no viable solution. This is all while using the Expo Go app.

Update:

I found that removing the extra.eas.projectId field allowed the listeners to start working. This allows the listeners to capture notifications received using a separate push token generated without the project ID.

The correspondence I had with a team member on Discord:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.