Node.js package issue in app?

I am pretty new to using React, React Native, and Expo. I am attempting to create an Expo app that connects to and interacts with Microsoft Azure IoT Hub. The package that I am trying to use is azure-iothub, which is a IoT Hub Service SDK (in Node.js) that fits the needed functionalities of my app. This is an extension of my discussion from here(Azure IoT Hub device and service SDKs | Microsoft Learn).

To reiterate, when I run a sample as described in the readme within my app using node ..., it runs fine. However, it I try to incorporate it within my frontend code as such:

import { View, Text, Button } from 'react-native';
import React from 'react';
import { useState, useEffect } from 'react';
// import { DeviceClient } from 'azure-iothub';
// import { Client } from 'azure-iothub';
const Client = require('azure-iothub').Client;

const Home = () => {
    const [connected, setConnected] = useState(false);

useEffect(() => {
        const connectionString = '...';
        const client = Client.fromConnectionString(connectionString);
        client.open(function (err) {
            if (err) {
                console.error('Could not connect: ' + err.message);
            } else {
                console.log('Client connected');
                setConnected(true);
            }
        });
    });

return (
        <View>
            <Text>Using Azure IoT Hub App</Text>
            <Text>{connected}</Text>
        </View>
    );
}

export default Home;

it fails with the following error:

The package at "node_modules\azure-iothub\dist\client.js" attempted to import the Node standard library module "https".
It failed because the native React runtime does not include the Node standard library.

So I am now trying to incorporate it in a folder called server/backend with express or as functions that I just export from a folder called services. Any tips on this?

However, in the discussion link that I shared above, someone said that “the azure-iothub SDK is designed specifically for Node.js and unfortunately, it is not compatible with React Native”.

I don’t quite understand this. Doesn’t React Native use Node.js? And can’t you use Node.js as backend anyways?

I would appreciate any insight into this. I am honestly very confused.