Please provide the following:
- SDK Version: 48
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS
- Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.
I have a managed Expo 48 app, recently I have added a new asset to the application, it is a 300x300 PNG file, not much different than most other assets we use in the app. We cache all of our assets in the app, including this new one using expo-asset library.
The asset displays fine in the Expo GO app in both production and dev mode, however in the production environment the asset is just replaced by empty space, so it does not render.
I also noticed that when I have made updates I get the following messages from eas:
138 Android assets (maximum: 2000 total per update). Learn more about asset limits.
This is strange since we actually have more than 138 assets, 156 to be exact.
I am not sure why this asset in particular is an issue.
I have in my app.json the assetBundlePatterns specified with all the directories where the assets are stored.
Here is what I have tried so far:
- Rename the asset and do another eas update.
- Create a new build with the new asset.
- Add the resource class for the android distribution in eas.json (previously was only specified for ios).
I have searched quite extensively but all I found was quite old threads suggesting caching (we already do).
Let me know if I can provide any other information.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you!