Issue during creating Expo Google Sign-In (smth with declaration file)

Well, I’ve started my first new project and decided to create Google Sign-In operation in my app.
I followed steps from official Expo Google Sign-In documentation and also Evan Bacon’s blog post.

But when I decided to install module via yarn (‘yarn add expo-app-auth’) and tried to use this module the message appeared.

Could not find a declaration file for module ‘expo-app-auth’. ‘c:/Users/КрасильниковРоманЮрь/Desktop/Expo-Google-Login-Firebase-master/node_modules/expo-app-auth/index.js’ implicitly has an ‘any’ type…

The same problem is for ‘expo-google-sign-in’ module.

Here is my Package.json just in case.

{
  "main": "node_modules/expo/AppEntry.js",
  "scripts": {
    "start": "expo start",
    "android": "expo start --android",
    "ios": "expo start --ios",
    "eject": "expo eject"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "expo": "^32.0.0",
    "expo-app-auth": "^2.0.0",
    "firebase": "^5.7.3",
    "react": "16.5.0",
    "react-native": "https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz",
    "react-navigation": "^3.0.9"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "babel-preset-expo": "^5.0.0"
  },
  "private": true
}

Expo SDK version is 32.0.0.

Also I’ve got some warning during ‘expo-app-auth’ installment connected with lots of ‘unmet peer dependency’.

What shoud I do in these case? I need you help!

Hey @rkrkrk,

With an Expo project you can just import AppAuth via import {AppAuth} from 'expo'. Can you try that and let me know if the error persists?

As for the unmet peer dependencies, these can be ignored as they won’t create any breakages. We’re looking for ways to quiet these warnings in the future.

Cheers,

Adam

@adamjnav, thank you for ur answer!

Well, I’ve imported as you said and used code from Evan Bacon’s repository (https://github.com/EvanBacon/expo-google-sign-in-demo/blob/master/App.js).

In my case, now I’ve got this type of error. Don’t have any clue what i’m doing wrong.

So, AppAuth: {
“OAuthRedirect”: “host.exp.exponent!”
}
and AppAuth.URLScheme is empty.

Here on the screenshot I’ve got code and screenshot of error on my device in Expo app on Android.

@adamjnav I apologize for the intrusiveness, but my studying project could not be completed without google auth, so I do need someones help with such a thing.

I really apologize for annoying, Adam, and thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.