Invariant Violation: ART has been removed...

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 38.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Updating from SDK 35.0.0 to SDK 38.0.0, and constantly receiving the Invariant Violation: ART error… I checked my node modules and I do not see any modules for ART, nor do I have react-native-progress… I also checked under my package-lock.json for any packages that have a dependancy on react-native-community/art, but I don’t see any… Please help!

Hey @jkim0601, if you are certain that there are no references or calls to the old method of importing ART from react-native then I would recommend clearing all your caches to see if that resolves the issue.

If that doesn’t, could you share your package.json?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Adam, I was able to resolve it using grep, and found the offending dependency that was still using ART (react-native-barcode-builder)…

Now, I’m encountering ViewPagerAndroid as the invariant violation… haha looks like I’m just going to have to do this step by step… The struggle to jump SDK versions is real!

Thank you for the response :+1:

By the way, I managed to get a barcode generator working with JsBarcode, but I had to copy some of the SVG code and modify it to work with react-native-svg:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.