If you need to simultaneously
- update some state such that the UI re-renders
- and update some animation variables (
what’s the best pattern for this?
I tried the following:
- The same code updates the state and simultaneously assigns new values to the Shared Values.
- Update the state, then in the render method, use an
useEffectto change the Shared Values.
- Update the state, then in the render method, use a
setTimeout(..., 0)to change the Shared Values.
Regardless of which one I use, I always get a short time where the UI is rendered in an invalid state - for example the newly rendered UI is there, but the Shared Values are still old. Or, the Shared Values get updated before the UI render is finished. This results in ugly flickers in the UI.
Before I start to analyze this further, what is the “correct” way to do it, from a theoretical standpoint? How can I sync these two updates such that both changes get visible at the same time?