Facing issue after ejecting to bare flow at runtime

  1. SDK Version: 38.0.8
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Expo diagnostics:
    Expo CLI 4.2.1 environment info:
    OS: Windows 10 10.0.17763
    Node: 14.15.1 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
    Yarn: 1.12.3 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yarn\bin\yarn.CMD
    npm: 7.6.0 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
    Android Studio: Version AI-193.6911.18.40.6514223
    expo: ~38.0.8 => 38.0.8
    react: ~16.11.0 => 16.11.0
    react-dom: ~16.11.0 => 16.11.0
    react-native: ~0.62.2 => 0.62.2
    react-native-web: ~0.11.7 => 0.11.7
    Expo Workflow: bare

Hi Team,

Facing an issue after ejecting from expo to bare using react native metro.
All the compilation process completed fine for the project.

Used following steps from eject to native run,
1 expo eject
2 created index.js from,

react-native bundle --platform android --dev false --entry-file index.js --bundle-output android/app/src/main/assets/index.android.bundle --assets-dest android/app/src/main/res
3 added some plugin dependencies in build.gradle
4 run app using,
cd android && gradlew clean && cd … && yarn android

After compiled code successfully and running with
yarn react-native run-android
gives following error as shown in below,

I tried finding the resolution for it but failed.
Following are the scenarios have tried.
using importing like,

import { name as appName } from ‘./app.json’;
import Constants from ‘expo-constants’;
import * as manifest from “./app.json”
if (!Constants.manifest){
Constants.manifest = manifest.default.expo

here also used like
Constants.manifest = manifest.expo;
Constants.manifest = { …manifest.expo, id: ‘…’ };
But still shows manifest.scheme error :

Please suggest what can be done here.

Hey @jexpo, a couple things here:

  1. If possible, I would strongly suggest reverting back to the commit before you ejected and upgrading to SDK40 and then eject. Being on the latest sdk version before ejecting will provide the smoothest migration to the bare workflow.

  2. As for the specific problem here, you’ll want to read about the nuances and changes regarding reading the manifest in a bare project here.


Hi Adam,

Thanks for reply. I’ve updated the expo SDK40 and it successfully executed.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.