Expo SDK 43 build error (Unable to find a specification for `UMCore` depended upon by `UMConstantsInterface`)

Hi guys,

My Expo application uses the dev client in iOS and Android simulator and has live versions of the app (deployed via EAS) in the App Store and Play Store.

Yesterday, I upgraded from SDK 42 to 43 and ran expo prebuild to check if I can successfully build the project. The build fails at the CocoaPods step with the following log:

- Installing CocoaPods...
> pod install
- Installing CocoaPods...
Using Expo modules
Auto-linking React Native modules for target `SwipSwap`: EXRandom, RNCAsyncStorage, RNCMaskedView, RNCPicker, RNDateTimePicker, RNGestureHandler, RNReanimated, RNSVG, RNScreens, RNSentry, RNVectorIcons, expo-dev-client, expo-dev-launcher, expo-dev-menu, expo-dev-menu-interface, react-native-maps, react-native-safe-area-context, react-native-segmented-control, and react-native-view-shot
Analyzing dependencies
Fetching podspec for `DoubleConversion` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/DoubleConversion.podspec`
Fetching podspec for `RCT-Folly` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/RCT-Folly.podspec`
Fetching podspec for `glog` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/glog.podspec`
[!] Unable to find a specification for `UMCore` depended upon by `UMConstantsInterface`

You have either:
 * out-of-date source repos which you can update with `pod repo update` or with `pod install --repo-update`.
 * mistyped the name or version.
 * not added the source repo that hosts the Podspec to your Podfile.

⚠️  Something went wrong running `pod install` in the `ios` directory.
Command `pod install` failed.
└─ Cause: pod exited with non-zero code: 1

[!] `<PBXResourcesBuildPhase UUID=`xxx`>` attempted to initialize an object with an unknown UUID. `yyy` for attribute: `files`. This can be the result of a merge and the unknown UUID is being discarded.

Running pod install --repo-update --verbose in the ios directory throw the same error.

The script is trying to link a couple of React Native modules (see below), but even after removing all of the non-expo ones from the package.json the bug persists.

Auto-linking React Native modules for target `MyApp`: EXRandom, RNCAsyncStorage, RNCMaskedView, RNCPicker, RNDateTimePicker, RNGestureHandler, RNReanimated, RNSVG, RNScreens, RNSentry, RNVectorIcons, expo-dev-client, expo-dev-launcher, expo-dev-menu, expo-dev-menu-interface, react-native-maps, react-native-safe-area-context, react-native-segmented-control, and react-native-view-shot

Are there other things I can try to resolve the issue?

I resolved the issue by uninstalling the unimodules-constants-interface dependency.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.