Please provide the following:
- SDK Version: 36.0.0
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS
I am building an app where a user can take a picture with the camera or select one from the gallery. The same functions to open the camera or gallery are triggered in 3 different scenarios.
Screens of StackNavigator
index 0: Home
index 1: Results
- User captures or selects an image from the gallery.
- User is shown a modal (in my app it would be to crop the image. in the snack it’s just a modal with a cancel and next button)
- On that results screen, the user can click on a ‘NEW’ button which will redirect him to the Home. If there is information about the previousMethod (camera/gallery) in route.params, the camera or gallery will be reopened automatically.
- Scenario 1: User goes to Home, where he can click on camera or gallery icon. This works fine on Android and iOS.
- Scenario2 BUG HERE!!!: User clicks on the cancel button in the modal. This should close the modal and reopen the camera or gallery, based the previousMethod. This works fine on Android. On iOS the image picker doesn’t open anymore. It is literally the same code and I do not get any error message.
- Scenario3: User clicks on ‘NEW’ button from the results screen which will send info about the method (gallery or camera) via route.params. It will automatically reopen the camera or gallery. This works fine on Android and iOS.
Here is the Snack to reproduce the issue: https://snack.expo.io/@cdreek/b64938