Expo Image causes eas build to fail

Hi,

I keep getting the following error when doing running eas build (during “run fastlane”). It’s related to expo-image. I have no idea why it’s failing, I haven’t changed any versions since my last passing builds:

› Compiling expo-image Pods/SDWebImageAVIFCoder » Conversion.m

:x: (ios/Pods/SDWebImageAVIFCoder/SDWebImageAVIFCoder/Classes/Conversion.m:158:28)

156 | state->biasY = (state->yuvRange == AVIF_RANGE_LIMITED) ? (float)(16 << (state->yuvDepth - 8)) : 0.0f;
157 | state->biasUV = (float)(1 << (state->yuvDepth - 1));

158 | state->biasA = (image->alphaRange == AVIF_RANGE_LIMITED) ? (float)(16 << (state->yuvDepth - 8)) : 0.0f;
| ^ no member named ‘alphaRange’ in ‘struct avifImage’; did you mean ‘alphaPlane’?
159 | state->rangeY = (float)((state->yuvRange == AVIF_RANGE_LIMITED) ? (219 << (state->yuvDepth - 8)) : state->yuvMaxChannel);
160 | state->rangeUV = (float)((state->yuvRange == AVIF_RANGE_LIMITED) ? (224 << (state->yuvDepth - 8)) : state->yuvMaxChannel);
161 | state->rangeA = (float)((image->alphaRange == AVIF_RANGE_LIMITED) ? (219 << (state->yuvDepth - 8)) : state->yuvMaxChannel);

Link to build:

Versions:
“expo”: “~48.0.11”,
“expo-image”: “~1.0.0”,

Getting the same error. The build with exactly the same code and setup was working yesterday (15 May 2023). The things that I tried so far but didn’t help:

• Updated expo-image to 1.2.2
  • Fixed all warnings that the expo doctor was suggesting
  • Changed eas config to use the latest image macos-ventura-13.3-xcode-14.3

Triggering the build on the local machine works without any issues. The local machine is running on an Apple M1 chip, MacOS Venture 13.2.1, and XCode 14.3

Updating expo-image to 1.2.3 version which was released a few minutes ago fixes the issue @andreaslydemann expo-image - npm

2 Likes

Thanks for the pointer @enis.povio, just did and it’s fixed now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.