Expo Go: Manifest download was successful, but signature was incorrect

1. SDK Version: 46
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/IOS

Hello everyone, I am trying to update to the last expo SDK 46 (from SDK 44), but I have a problem loading the app on expo go or simulator. Does anyone already encounter this type of error ?

This error occurred only in IOS simulator of Xcode and expo go on android. With a development build or a preview from an EAS update, everything is working fine.
I followed the steps from the official docs to update to the SDK 46. I tried to download directly the latest expo go app but the result is the same.

In additional information, I am launching expo server with yarn expo start, and I also tried to launch with npm run start. When I launch from the global CLI with expo start, it is working correctly.

Hi, @direct-brico

Does expo-cli doctor print out any warnings?

Hello wodin,

Thanks for your answer.

No warnings from expo-cli doctor:

expo-cli doctor
πŸŽ‰ Didn't find any issues with the project!

I don’t have warnings neither (except recrawl) on expo start and no error log when the app fail to load in expo go.

% yarn expo start
yarn run v1.22.19
$ /Users/sithis/Documents/code/direct-brico-app/node_modules/.bin/expo start
Starting project at /Users/sithis/Documents/code/direct-brico-app
Starting Metro Bundler
watchman warning:  Recrawled this watch 75 times, most recently because:
MustScanSubDirs UserDroppedTo resolve, please review the information on
https://facebook.github.io/watchman/docs/troubleshooting.html#recrawl
To clear this warning, run:
`watchman watch-del '/Users/sithis/Documents/code/direct-brico-app' ; watchman watch-project '/Users/sithis/Documents/code/direct-brico-app'`

Recrawled this watch 75 times, most recently because:
MustScanSubDirs UserDroppedTo resolve, please review the information on
https://facebook.github.io/watchman/docs/troubleshooting.html#recrawl
To clear this warning, run:
`watchman watch-del '/Users/sithis/Documents/code/direct-brico-app' ; watchman watch-project '/Users/sithis/Documents/code/direct-brico-app'`

β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„
β–ˆ β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„ β–€β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–€β–ˆ β–ˆ β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„ β–ˆ
β–ˆ β–ˆ   β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–„  β–ˆβ–€β–„β–„ β–€ β–€β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆ   β–ˆ β–ˆ
β–ˆ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–„β–€ β–ˆβ–„ β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–„β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆ β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–€β–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–„β–„β–€β–€β–ˆβ–„β–„ β–ˆβ–„ β–ˆβ–„β–„  β–ˆβ–„β–„β–€ β–€β–ˆβ–ˆ β–„β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–€ β–„β–„   β–ˆ β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–„ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ β–€ β–„β–„β–„ β–ˆβ–„ β–ˆβ–€ β–„β–€ β–€ β–€β–ˆ  β–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„  β–ˆβ–€β–„β–€β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€  β–„β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–€β–€β–„ β–€β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–€β–ˆ β–€  β–„β–ˆ β–„β–€β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–„β–€β–€β–€β–ˆβ–€β–„β–„β–€β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–€β–€β–ˆ
β–ˆ β–„β–„β–€β–„β–ˆβ–„β–€β–„ β–„β–€β–„β–„  β–€β–ˆβ–ˆ  β–ˆβ–€β–„β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–€ β–€β–„β–€β–€β–ˆβ–€β–€β–„β–€β–„ β–„β–„β–„ β–€β–„β–„β–„β–ˆ
β–ˆ β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„ β–ˆ β–„β–„β–ˆβ–€ β–„  β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„ β–ˆβ–„β–ˆ β–„β–„β–€β–€β–ˆ
β–ˆ β–ˆ   β–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–„β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–€ β–€β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„ β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆ
β–ˆ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–€β–ˆ β–€β–„β–ˆ β–€ β–„β–€β–„β–€β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

β€Ί Choose an app to open your project at http://192.168.18.2:19000/_expo/loading
β€Ί Metro waiting on exp://192.168.18.2:19000
β€Ί Scan the QR code above with Expo Go (Android) or the Camera app (iOS)

β€Ί Press a β”‚ open Android
β€Ί Press i β”‚ open iOS simulator
β€Ί Press w β”‚ open web

β€Ί Press r β”‚ reload app
β€Ί Press m β”‚ toggle menu

β€Ί Press ? β”‚ show all commands

Logs for your project will appear below. Press Ctrl+C to exit.

Likewise. Same environment, same error, post eas android/ios build and update, if that matters.

expo client reinstallation didn’t work, but (global) expo start also worked for me.

Does this help with the rescan warnings?

Installation - System Specific Preparation

As for the main issue, I’m not sure. Maybe you could try removing your node_modules and package-lock.json / yarn.lock and then reinstalling your dependencies to see if it makes a difference.

Hello Wodin,

Thank you for your reply. It’s seems to be better for watchman crawling indeed.

For the main issue, removing node_modules etc is not making any difference, my teammates have the same problems in their respective environment.

Best regards,
DirectBrico

Hi again

I’ve just realised that this sounds similar to the following issues:

Sorry for not thinking of it before.

Does your app’s name by any chance contain any accented characters or other non-β€œEnglish” characters?

Hello,

Unfortunatelly my app name is simply DirectBrico. For now on I am using the global expo CLI, but I really don’t understand where this problem could come from. The problem occure in Android simulator and IOS simulator (android studio / Xcode) and expo go on real android/ios phone.

Best regards,
DirectBrico

Same here. Both eas update and eas build work fine but running on Expo Go won’t open the App.
I as able to workaround it by removing both updates.url and runtimeVersion from my app.config.ts.

What would be the proper solution?
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.