Expo fonts icons aren't correct on Android 8.1.0 Tablet

I am using Expo 49.0.8. For fonts I am using:

"@expo-google-fonts/lato": "^0.2.2",
"@expo-google-fonts/oswald": "^0.2.2",

And react-native.vector-icons
“react-native-vector-icons”: “^9.2.0”, [latest 10.0.0]

All the fonts and icons work in development and production mode for Android tablets and phones and iOS tablets (don’t have iphones). But in all modes, on one tablet with Android 8.1.0 the fonts are wrong and the icons are missing. Instead of white foreground they are black and bold. And the type is not lato or oswald. And the icons are missing completely.

See picture. On all other devices the icons are present and fonts are white and the bottom tabs are nicely centered text… I know that the latest for both fonts is 0.2.3 but I cannot find release notes for the change on gitHub and I don’t see this issue raised in any of the issues that have been closed OR even still open. The vector icons is also not the latest - but it seems to me to be a bundling issue.

Here is my assumption: The fonts and all the icons are not getting loaded into that bundle for that version for that android. If that is the case, how do I get around it. It seems like an expo issue - not a font issue. But what do I know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.