Error while fetching contacts

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 35
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS13 / iPhone 11

My app is working good everywhere, except on iOS13 where the contacts can’t be fetched :

Error: Error while fetching contacts | Description: The operation couldn’t be completed. (CNErrorDomain error 102.), Reason: (null), Options: (null), Suggestion: (null)
    at createErrorFromErrorData (NativeModules.js:155)
    at NativeModules.js:104
    at MessageQueue.__invokeCallback (MessageQueue.js:414)
    at MessageQueue.js:127
    at MessageQueue.__guard (MessageQueue.js:314)
    at MessageQueue.invokeCallbackAndReturnFlushedQueue (MessageQueue.js:126)
    at RNDebuggerWorker.js:2

Is there something I am missing ?

Hi. I am having exactly the same problem. Have you had any luck resolving the issue? I’ll let you know if I find anything.

Yes, you need to specify the fields you want to fetch, because starting from iOS 13 you need a specific authorization to fetch the notes field, and if you don’t have it while you fetch all the fields, it crashes.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Hi. I see the Breaking Changes section of the SDK 35 release notes say that the note field has been “removed” because of this extra entitlement that is required in iOS 13, so it seems that it should not be necessary to specify the fields. It might not be a bad idea to specify the fields you need anyway, though:

• Contacts : removed the note field on iOS as this now requires a separate entitlement in iOS 13. (Related PR.)

Hi wodin, I saw the release notes too but it didn’t work for me, so I had to specify

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.