Error: Unable to resolve module DatePickerIOS Expo SDK45

I have a project using SDK 45, the app was working fine but this week the app crash when start to load.
I tried to run the application on development environment and I can see the App is crashing regarding:

None of these files exist:
  * node_modules/react-native/Libraries/Components/DatePicker/DatePickerIOS(.native|.native.ts|.ts|.native.tsx|.tsx|.native.js|.js|.native.jsx|.jsx|.native.json|.json)
  * node_modules/react-native/Libraries/Components/DatePicker/DatePickerIOS/index(.native|.native.ts|.ts|.native.tsx|.tsx|.native.js|.js|.native.jsx|.jsx|.native.json|.json)``` 
![Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 18.20.54|690x294](upload://3JS7fKA7qkJPeUOEEZ0SSYcfjh3.png)

I tried to update  to SDK 46 and 47 but I have the same issue.
has anyone faced this issue before?

Same issue here - no solution yet

1 Like

Hi @dealseal

That’s weird because as far as I know DatePickerIOS and DatePickerAndroid were merged into RNDateTimePicker long before Expo SDK 45 came out.

See the migration guide here:

yep, I’m experiencing the same

Hi @sbv

Follow the migration guide I linked to above.

Thats weird, cause I am doing what the migration guide says.
And I would probably get type errors if I used the component itself wrongly

Please post the dependencies and devDependencies from package.json?

1 Like

Facing the same issue and I’m on SDK47. I’ve noticed that the file node_modules/react-native/Libraries/Components/DatePicker/DatePickerIOS that is looking for it is actually named DatePickerIOS.ios.js - maybe it’s not finding it due to the extra “.ios” extension

Dear Maxaquilino,

I would like to express my gratitude towards your participation in the sharing of your extensive experience and refined observation pertaining to the obstacle that you are presently facing. From what I gather, it seems that your explanation is highly plausible and logical as the addition of “.ios” has apparently caused the problem to arise.

In order to rectify this perplexing issue, it would be highly recommended to attempt to rename the file and see whether it helps alleviate the situation. I would be immensely obliged if you could keep me updated on any possible solution that you may come across.

With Sincerest Thanks,

Warmest Regards.