Error in expo installation

Please run expo diagnostics and paste the log that’s printed out along with your question or issue!

Hi i am trying to install expo cli but its not working
i am using different command like
npm install expo-cli --global
npm install --global expo-cli
but…
C:\Users\hp\Documents\react\temp_test\nativeapp3> npm install --global expo-cli
npm WARN deprecated joi@14.0.4: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated joi@11.4.0: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated hoek@4.2.1: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated topo@2.0.2: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated hoek@6.1.3: This module has moved and is now available at @hapi/hoek. Please update your dependencies as this version is no longer maintained an may contain bugs and security issues.
npm WARN deprecated topo@3.0.3: This module has moved and is now available at @hapi/topo. Please update your dependencies as this version is no longer maintained an may contain bugs and security issues.
npm ERR! code EIO
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! path C:\Users\hp\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_cacache\index-v5\06\4e\7f213e3456085a6702d38872a51bc1e0d177da62de5155f7cf23e024f1bf
npm ERR! errno -4070
npm ERR! EIO: i/o error, open ‘C:\Users\hp\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_cacache\index-v5\06\4e\7f213e3456085a6702d38872a51bc1e0d177da62de5155f7cf23e024f1bf’

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\hp\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2019-11-29T03_11_38_914Z-debug.log

C:\Users\hp\Documents\react\temp_test\nativeapp3>expo --version
‘expo’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\hp\Documents\react\temp_test\nativeapp3>expo init
‘expo’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\hp\Documents\react\temp_test\nativeapp3>npm install expo-cli --global
npm WARN deprecated joi@14.0.4: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated joi@11.4.0: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated topo@2.0.2: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated hoek@4.2.1: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated hoek@6.1.3: This module has moved and is now available at @hapi/hoek. Please update your dependencies as this version is no longer maintained an may contain bugs and security issues.
npm WARN deprecated topo@3.0.3: This module has moved and is now available at @hapi/topo. Please update your dependencies as this version is no longer maintained an may contain bugs and security issues.
npm ERR! code EIO
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! path C:\Users\hp\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_cacache\index-v5\06\4e\7f213e3456085a6702d38872a51bc1e0d177da62de5155f7cf23e024f1bf
npm ERR! errno -4070
npm ERR! EIO: i/o error, open ‘C:\Users\hp\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_cacache\index-v5\06\4e\7f213e3456085a6702d38872a51bc1e0d177da62de5155f7cf23e024f1bf’

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\hp\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2019-11-29T03_17_29_487Z-debug.log

Hi. I’m not sure if this is the same issue, but it seems there is a problem with recent versions of expo-cli on Windows. Your error messages don’t quite match up with that one, though. Anyway, see if installing version 3.5.0 helps:

expo install -g expo-cli@3.5.0
1 Like

Hi @mehak_khan

There have been a couple of updates to expo-cli since I posted my comment. Can you try upgrading to the latest version to see if the problem has been fixed? If there’s still a problem, please let us know and then you can downgrade again as per my other comment.

Thank you soo much but my issue has been resolved I have downgrade my node version from 13to 12.9

1 Like

What version of expo-cli is working for you now?

@wodin i got it ,i am using 3.11.2 expo cli version

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.