Environmental variables accessing in expo project

Before posting your question, make sure you’ve read the documentation for both EAS Build & Submit.

If your Android or iOS build is failing- make sure you do your own research on the error message first before posting (this will give you a better understanding, and you might even find that someone else has already solved the issue!) It is not up to the Expo team to debug your project or build.

In your post, please share:

• Whether you are bare or managed workflow
  • Your eas-cli version
  • What you have tried so far

I have 2 folders in my project. One folder is of API and other is of FRONTEND and both of these contain.env files.

I am confused after reading the expo doc, which .env variables am I supposed to include in extra part of app.json file?

After I am creating a build only the FRONTEND part is working but server isn’t working like it is in development mode.

Did you figure this out? I am also extremely confused the documentation.

you don’t have to use env vars at all. i would recommend not using them unless you have a very good reason to do so. if you are having trouble getting this set up, i would strongly advise not using them. just create a file like Constants.js and put any values you want to store in there