Empty latitude value in location response

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 47
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS, perhaps also Android?

I am trying to track down a weird error message I’m getting server-side, but it’s the result of data from Location module. My geocoding is failing due to receiving a lon, lat pair of -84.402435, 0.000000 - which puts this user at the South Pole! I haven’t been able to track down any other reports/examples of such a weird failure mode, where one value is clearly incorrect/missing? Does this ring a bell? I’m unable to reproduce on my side, and this is the only user it’s happening to, of course. I’m thinking perhaps it’s an out-of-date approximate location? I’ve reached out to the user and so hopefully they can write back and give me more info.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Also yes I misspoke, this puts them directly on the equator, like, directly, which seems incorrect. Also in the middle of the ocean off the coast of South America. I suspect that this is a phone issue, since the longitude value would make sense somewhere in the midwest US, but the latitude is just… missing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.