Constants.installationId is undefined in Expo Client 2.15.2.108043

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 36
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

Hello, I am still on SDK 36 and I just re-installed the Client app and first thing i noticed is (nothing else changed) that the Constants.installationId is undefined.

I am on Expo Client 2.15.2.108043 with managed workflow.

Not seeing anything regarding this in breaking changes neither. Just pull 6906, but thats for bare workflows.

Pls advice

also was gonna mention this is on iPhone 11 Pro with iOS version 13.3

Any news here? Seems to only affect SDK versions older then 37 but its still a huge issue. It basically breaks development for apps that are not on the newest SDK and require a installationId.

We are seeing this on 2.15.3. Big problem for us as well!

Hi! any update on this?. Not working for us on Expo 35 as well.
@adamjnav @wodin @jess

I’m not sure if it’s related, but this entry from the SDK 37 Changelog comes to mind.

Fixed Constants.installationId being null in the bare workflow after ejecting. (#6906 by @cruzach)

Hi everyone! Yeah, this was my fault- there’s an open issue here for it. This will only occur in the Expo client app, meaning once you build your standalone app with expo build:ios, installationId should work fine

So the only workaround is to upgrade to SDK 37 ?

Yeah, unfortunately for now, or to use AsyncStorage to create your own implementation of an installationId

Upgrading seems to have worked, thanks.

While I have you here, do you happen to know if there are any changes in facebook’s logInWithReadPermissionsAsync? I noticed that (while in development mode) asking for non-public permissions (like user_birthday or user_photos) does not actually display that as an option for the user to pull from facebook. Is that a Facebook SDK issue or my something wrong with my test users?

nevermind, i realized that the signature of the logInWithReadPermissionsAsync method has changed now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.