Can't install: cb.apply is not a function

I am new to Expo and am just trying to get it installed, but it won’t install. The only visible error in the log file I see is the lines, something about cb.apply is not a function:

25 verbose get saving expo-cli to C:\Users\JClements\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\registry.npmjs.org\expo-cli.cache.json
26 verbose correctMkdir C:\Users\JClements\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache correctMkdir not in flight; initializing
27 verbose stack TypeError: cb.apply is not a function

I have pasted the entire npm-debug.log file below, if it’s helpful. I did a search on here but found no reference to this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. - I can’t post the entirety of my npm-debug.log file as it tells me that new users can’t post more than 2 links. If someone needs specific lines from it, please let me know.

Hi

If you edit your comment and add ``` (3 back ticks) on a line by itself before the error message, and again afterwards it will treat it as “code” and will not interpret registry.npmjs.org as a link.

About the problem: Off hand I don’t know what would cause that error, but you might want to try installing Microsoft’s Windows Subsystem for Linux version 2 (WSL2) which will give you a Linux environment. You can then install node and expo-cli within that and I suspect you’ll have less trouble.

@wodin, I am not currently using Linux, will packages installed that way be included in regular npm calls via the normal Command Prompt?

Yes, I can see that :slight_smile:

No. You’d need to run them from the Linux shell prompt.

I’m not saying you can’t use a Windows version of node and npm etc. But from seeing people posting on the forums about installation issues it seems there are fewer problems when running on Mac or Linux. Since Windows 10 comes with WSL2 it seems the easiest way to avoid problems.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.