Can't get Geofence on Android to work.

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 35.0.0 / Also tested 37.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

Hello,

I have Geofencing and background tasks all working for iOS with no issues whatsoever. 100% working as intended. On Android it is another story. When I run a phone in AVD simulator - Geofencing fires and triggers an event 100% of the time with no issues. Inside of Expo Client and inside of production app Geofencing does not trigger any event at all. I can get other location events to work (sometimes - it is hit or miss) - but Geofencing seems to never fire any event.

Lat/Long is to the 5th decimal place. Radius is between 100-400. I have read almost every piece of documentation, all stack overflows, most forum posts on these forums - tried everything I can possibly think of.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Is this a known bug?

Are there any WORKING examples of this out there?

EDIT: geoServices.js ยท GitHub
Above is the code I am using for my geofence.

This is going to sound crazy:

This morning while testing I noticed that it worked. It worked from 7AM CST until about 10:50AM CST. Now it has stopped working. Just something to note - not sure if it is in any way related. Will report back again tomorrow morning if the results are the same.

No takers on this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.