Auto update error Error:Failed to download manifest from URL: https://u.expo.dev/xxx

I generated an APk from my app to test eas-update on the physical device, but I get this error when running the function

useEffect(()=>{
    async function updateApp() {
      try {
        const { isAvailable } = await Updates.checkForUpdateAsync();
        if (isAvailable) {
          await Updates.fetchUpdateAsync()
          await Updates.reloadAsync(); // depende da sua estratégia
          alert('atualizado com sucesso, por favor renicie o aplicativo para ver as alterações.')
        }else{
          alert('TESTE '+ isAvailable)
          alert('Não há atualização disponivel')
        }
      } catch (error) {
        console.log(error)
        alert(error)
      }
    }
    updateApp()
  },[])

This is the error I get

Blockquote
Error:Falied to download manifest from
URL:https://u.expo.dev/xxx

I made sure the app.json.updates.url is correct, and when I run eas update:configure it generates the same URL.

hi there! have you tried following this guide? Debugging EAS Update - Expo Documentation

Yes, I followed these steps, I even did some projects and I was successful.

have you run eas update on this project yet?

yes, I’ve done that, including running this command

eas update --branch production

1 Like

The native Android logs (adb logcat) might indicate what’s going on. This guide was written to explain how to debug production crashes, and although your app isn’t crashing, the guidance on using adb is still useful here.

Also, could you share your project ID (the UUID under “extra” => “eas” => “projectId” in app.json) and the runtime version of your build? It’s possible the error is that there is no update available for your app and the server is responding with a 404 error. If that’s the case, that behavior will be improved/fixed in SDK 49.

this is the data that was requested, I’m using this runtimeVersion , because I read the documentation and I came to this conclusion, Before I used “runtimeVersion”: “exposdk:48.0.0”
requested data:

“projectId”: “078086c3-c8f3-49ec-a2f1-be34bd1a919a”
“runtimeVersion”: “1.0.1”

I confirmed there are updates properly published for your app with the matching runtime version, so the issue is not that there’s no available update.

Looking at the adb logs is my next suggestion. The native device logs often include information about what could be going wrong. There is also Updates.readLogEntriesAsync(maxAge), which provides update-related logs that could prove useful.