Please provide the following:
- SDK Version: 41
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android (AAB) Samsung Galaxy S21
- Managed workflow
Hi! I just put my app on the app store in production (hurray!). Now, it works fine for most users but I have had two people who own a Samsung Galaxy S21 telling me the app runs really slow. It’s almost as if the app is caught in a loop. I’m suspecting it has something to do with expo localauthentication as it is happening on the login screen.
The app runs at about 10fps and they can not tap the second input (it will move directly back to the first email input). This seems like a state loop or something like that but it’s working fine on all other devices. I can not reproduce this in any way. Does anyone have an idea or experience with the app running slow on certain android devices?
I’m going to debug tomorrow using the tunnel feature. In the meantime, if anyone has some tips/experience with this, I’d love to hear them!
Thanks in advance,
I am having the same issue. Local authentication makes the app super slow on Android.
Did you manage to fix it?
I did fix it yeah, I only vaguely remember. I think my issue was I assumed all people had a localAuth method and kept checking for that. LocalAuthentication - Expo Documentation.
- I first check if the devide has hardwareAsync() to determine if it’s compatible in the first place. If not: abort (not showing the login with local auth button I made).
- Then I check if the user has any localAuth data stored with isEnrolledAsync().
- If both are true I continue with getting the authentication type supportedAuthenticationTypesAsync().
- Then I show the appropriate button based on the supported type.
This worked for me but I’m not saying it’s the correct way of doing this. I suspect not checking hardwareAsync() and isEnrolledAsync() before supportedAuthenticationTypesAsync() somehow caused a loop on certain devices or something. This is all I can remember. Could be the completely wrong direction… Hoping I’m not throwing you in a rabbit hole right now xD…
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.