Android app crashes with IllegalViewOperationException: Trying to add unknown view tag

Hi Expo team,

I’m encountering an issue with Android standalone apps only, crashing with the error log below. A very similar issue has been referenced a few times on github (https://github.com/expo/expo/issues/779
and https://github.com/expo/expo/issues/656). However, I am on SDK v24 and still getting the bug across a variety of Android versions and device types. We are also not using LayoutAnimation (was suggested as a potential culprit).

@jesse mentioned a fix with this that went out with SDK v23 so I’m curious if you have a take here on what could be causing it? Thanks again for all the help!

abi24_0_0.com.facebook.react.uimanager.IllegalViewOperationException: Trying to add unknown view tag: 1210
detail: View tag:1213
children(0): [
],
viewsToAdd(1): [
[0,1210],
],
at abi24_0_0.com.facebook.react.uimanager.NativeViewHierarchyManager.manageChildren(NativeViewHierarchyManager.java
  at abi24_0_0.com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue$ManageChildrenOperation.execute (UIViewOperationQueue.java:180)
  at abi24_0_0.com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue$1.run (UIViewOperationQueue.java:819)
  at abi24_0_0.com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue.flushPendingBatches (UIViewOperationQueue.java:926)
  at abi24_0_0.com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue.access$2100 (UIViewOperationQueue.java:47)
  at abi24_0_0.com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue$2.runGuarded (UIViewOperationQueue.java:884)
  at abi24_0_0.com.facebook.react.bridge.GuardedRunnable.run (GuardedRunnable.java:21)
  at android.os.Handler.handleCallback (Handler.java:751)
  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:95)
  at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:154)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:6123)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (ZygoteInit.java:867)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:757)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.