Issue with react-native-svg 13.6.0 (Android)

I am still experiencing this issue.

Yes

no issue here. And it looks like the server isn’t even receiving the request from android client. This happens on both device and emulator.

OK. Looking at the error message again, it looks like the phone/emulator doesn’t trust the root certificate or there’s a missing intermediate certificate. See Common problems verifying server certificates

Can you check the “Certification Paths” section of the SSL Server Test results? In particular the “Android” tab. e.g.:

Certification Paths example

What is the name of the root certificate?

Hey, I’m developing something with Expo, using react-native gifted charts. It used to work before, but it no longer works with expo sdk 47? That’s unfortunate.

I have a few questions: If I use the EAS build, will I still be able to make changes and run the app on my phone as usual? Will it also affect other types of libraries like react-navigation? Also will there be any costs or anything? I’m just trying to make sure.

Don’t know if I can bump this or not. Is there an answer to my question?

It should work. It’s just that react-native-gifted-charts specifies a version of react-native-svg of 13.x.y where x >= 6, while npx expo install react-native-svg will install version 13.4.0. There are a couple of ways of dealing with this:

Yes, except if by “as usual” you are referring to Expo Go. You can definitely do something like that, but you will have to create a development build to use instead of Expo Go.

I’m not 100% sure what you’re asking. But basically if you create a dev build and then want to install react-navigation you’ll need to create a new dev build.

There’s a free tier. So e.g. if you’re creating fewer than 30 builds a month in total (or 15 iOS builds) and only one at a time, then you don’t have to pay for that. If you’re using EAS Update it depends on how many updaters there are per month.

You can also build on your own machine and it would be possible to implement your own update server, in which case you wouldn’t have to pay Expo anything.

1 Like

Thank you for answering my question

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.