Issue with react-native-svg 13.6.0 (Android)

Unless you are writing your own native code, I recommend not running npx expo prebuild or npx expo run:android (which runs prebuild too) because it generates the native projects which then complicates things. See Should I exclude `ios`? - #4 by wodin

tl;dr delete your ios and android directories and avoid expo run/expo prebuild

When the APK is installed on the emulator does it crash immediately with that error? It should open a launcher screen from which you can load your app.

What happens if you install the one I built? (dev build)

Maybe try switching your app back to the managed workflow and rebuilding the dev client.

Yes, that’s how it should work. You can either run npx expo start and press a, or just open the app on your emulator/device and then point it at your development server by scanning the QR code or typing in the URL etc.

If the other team members are also developing the app then they can use the dev build. If they are using the app like a normal user in order to find bugs etc., but not actually developing the app, then you probably want to give them a “preview” build instead. This is built like the production version, but for “internal distribution”, so you don’t first need to upload it to Google Play/App Store.

hmmm… that should work. Alternatively you can log in to the dev build and press the “Fetch development servers” button and it should hopefully pop up there. Otherwise manually enter the URL printed under the QR code. e.g. “exp://192.168.6.7:19000”

Anyway, maybe try getting rid of the android directory and rebuilding the dev client. Then install it on your emulator/phone and open it. Then run npx expo start and try to load that in the dev client. If that works, create a “preview” build and install that and open it.

When those are working you might want to be able to have both the dev build and the preview build installed at the same time. If so, see Install app variants on the same device - Expo Documentation