Your project is in SDK version >= 33.0.0, but the expo package version seems to be older.

i am facing this issue again in again wheb ever i type expo start i have this error on CLI
“Your project is in SDK version >= 33.0.0, but the expo package version seems to be older.”
And on windows screen i have
" Expo Developer Tools is disconnected from Expo CLI. Use the expo start command to start the CLI again."
my expo --version is “3.11.5”
kindly help me regards

1 Like

One of the causes of this error is if your node_modules directory is deleted.
If you delete it for some reason you will need to rerun npm install or yarn (depending on which one you use) to recreate it.

You should not usually need to delete your node_modules directory.

thanks for your kind response sir!
I ran npm uninstall -g expo-cli and again npm install -g expo-cli
also npm install -g expo-cli yarn
but facing the same issue
Your project is in SDK version >= 33.0.0, but the expo package version seems to be older.

kindly help me please

regards

No, I was not referring to expo-cli or installing the yarn package manager. I was referring to using npm or yarn to install your dependencies for your project.

If you have been using npm to install your dependencies you should have a package-lock.json file in the root of your project (where you have app.json and package.json). If you have been using yarn to install your dependencies you should instead have a yarn.lock file. You should not have both.

Regardless of whether you use npm or yarn to install your dependencies you should have a directory called node_modules containing the dependencies and their dependencies etc. If this is missing you will get an error like the one you’re getting.

In order to recreate node_modules, you run one of the following, (depending on whether you use npm or yarn to install your dependencies.):

npm install

or

yarn

When I say npm install, I mean literally npm install. I am not abbreviating npm install -g expo-cli or something similar. Same with running yarn to install dependencies. You literally just run yarn.

thankyou once again i got it
npm install

i have package-lock.json and node_modules\yarn both directories are available

thanks
Issue resolved by deleting node_modules directory and running npm install
regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.