You must complete the advertising ID declaration before releasing an app that targets Android 13

You must complete the advertising ID declaration before releasing an app that targets Android 13
The advertising ID declaration form is now available for you to complete.

We’ll use this declaration to provide safeguards in Play Console. You will not be able to create releases targeting Android 13 until you complete the declaration.

Apps using advertising ID that target API level 33 (Android 13) or later must declare the normal permission com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID in their AndroidManifest.xml. This will prevent your advertising identifier from zeroing out. If you do not declare the permission in your manifest file, or if you use an SDK that omits the permission from their library manifest, this may impact your advertising and analytics use cases.

Hey guys i got this message from google console, as far as iam aware i do not use the advertisement ID anywhere in my app, google says even if i dont use the ID and if the SDK (which in this case is expo) use it, it counts as “yes im using advertisement id” which means i have to complete the declaration form to say so… what you guys think? does expo use advertisement ID somewhere in the SDK Code?

as far as i know, everyone with an app on the play store will see this message. if this doesn’t apply to you, fill out the form appropriately. if you use EAS Build, only the code that you include in your project will be in your standalone app - so if you don’t use the advertising id anywhere then you have your answer. builds with the sunsetting classic build service will never target android 13, the latest target api level will be 31 with sdk 46, so you also have nothing to worry about in that case either.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.