Yet another detached standalone offline topic

Hi. I lured lots of threads around here regarding working offline with expo app. My goal is to be able to run the app without internet access.

I have ejected/detached the app and built it via xcode.

My app.json is as follows (extract)

{
   "expo": {
     "sdkVersion": "30.0.0",
     "platforms": [
       "ios",
     ],
     "updates": {
       "fallbackToCacheTimeout": 0
     },
     "assetBundlePatterns": [
       "**/*"
     ],
     "ios": {
       "bundleIdentifier": "com.mike.project",
       "supportsTablet": false,
       "publishBundlePath": "ios/myapp/Supporting/shell-app.bundle",
       "publishManifestPath": "ios/myapp/Supporting/shell-app-manifest.json"
     },
     "isDetached": true,
     "detach": {
       "iosExpoViewUrl": "https://s3.amazonaws.com/exp-exponent-view-code/ios-v2.8.4-sdk30.0.0-3de13133-adc-4ba1-8569-a84011e570b4.tar.gz",
     },
     "scheme": "exp568e31b509bf496f81f631f983e49d6c",
   }
}

I am able to build it and run on my iOS device, however after running it tries to download the app even though it has bundle prepared… If that’s any hint - it tries to download it from LAN (the same machine I used for testing in development).

How can I “prepare” my detached app to be running in production and bundle everything without necessity to connect to the internet at all.

Second question, why publishing forces me to push app to exp. I have nothing against it but I won’t be pulling the app from the internet so why in order to prepare the bundle I need to push it to exp.host at the same time? Is that normal behaviour?

Note: build:ios is NOT an option as I have my own signing authority.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.