where to find dSYM files for iOS build using managed expo app to symbolicate crash report

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 42.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on. EAS build for iOS

Hi,
I am new to development using react native expo and have built my first app using managed Expo. The app is working fine while testing in Expo Go app on my iPhone, including in Production Mode. In order to test the app on Testflight I submitted the ipa file to Apple AppStore using expo EAS build and submit commands. I received a crash report from Apple review board with instructions on symbolicating the crash report, but this requires a dSYM file. I found through Xlogs during EAS build that a dSYM file gets generated but I don’t know how to access it or request it. Any help is appreciated.

I found out that the dSYM files are available to download under Build Metadata in App Store Connect. I used them to symbolicate the crash report, however the symbolication was pointing to ios native code generated by EAS build and wasn’t much helpful. I did, however replicate the error by rebuilding the app using the ad-hoc provisioning profile and downloading the app directly on my iphone.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.