Where to find bundled JS so I can debug issue that only happens with dev flag = off

I have an error that only occurs when I publish my app/ turn the dev flag off.

I doubt its anything specific to Expo, but what I’m having trouble with is, what can I do with this error? At the very least, I’d like to go into the bundled file and look at the line of code. Could someone advise where I can find this file?

Also, if there’s any other general tips on debugging such an error, that’d be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you visit the URL that XDE/exp gives you in a browser, you should get a JSON manifest file. Somewhere in there, there’s the bundle URL which will contain AppEntry and dev=false somewhere in it in your case. Loading that URL in a browser should load the JS you’re looking for.

That was just the ticket, thanks so much! Boy did the error stick out like a sore thumb once I could see it there!

One thing I was a bit fuzzy on was if you meant the URL from publish or just from running exp start. The bundle from exp start is much more valuable to me since I can choose not to minify it. Just to clarify anyone else trying this, I was able to open the manifest from Chrome if I ran exp start in tunnel mode, copied the URL, and changed the prefix to http://.

1 Like

Glad you figured things out!

One thing I was a bit fuzzy on was if you meant the URL from publish or just from running exp start.

Sorry for being unclear – I meant the URL from exp start so you don’t need to publish each time and, as you noted, so you can skip minification.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.