What permissions do I need to keep background JS downloads enabled?

Hi

my standalone application just display offline content, it doesn’t have any authentication or http/s request. But it have a MapView where I just display some Markers in it.

I was thinking on disabling some of the permissions that I don’t need for Android, but there’s a big list of them and I’m not sure if I can disable all of them, or if some of them are needed to keep background JS downloads enabled.

Here’s the full list:
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
CAMERA
MANAGE_DOCUMENTS
READ_CONTACTS
READ_CALENDAR
WRITE_CALENDAR
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
READ_INTERNAL_STORAGE
READ_PHONE_STATE
RECORD_AUDIO
USE_FINGERPRINT
VIBRATE
WAKE_LOCK
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
com.anddoes.launcher.permission.UPDATE_COUNT
com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT
com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE
com.google.android.gms.permission.ACTIVITY_RECOGNITION
com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES
com.htc.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS
com.htc.launcher.permission.UPDATE_SHORTCUT
com.majeur.launcher.permission.UPDATE_BADGE
com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.READ
com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.WRITE
com.sonyericsson.home.permission.BROADCAST_BADGE

can someone specify what items of this list are required to keep background JS enabled? I want to get rid of the rest.

Do I need to specify permissions on iOS too? iOS does not seem to have a default list of permissions.

Thanks!

Hi, I don’t think you need most of those if all you want is background JS downloads. Your app just needs to be able to fetch things from the internet.

There isn’t an equivalent “predetermined list” of permissions on iOS at this time, other than the UsageDescription keys in Info.plist which we provide for you.

1 Like

Thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.