Hi all! First time poster here, so please be gentle
First off, let me just say that I’m not really sure whether this question belongs in this category or not, since it relates to both the bare and managed workflows. Having said that, please feel free to move it if you’re a mod and feel so inclined
Anyway, back to the question. My current understanding of the differences between these two workflows is:
- One is entered into from a managed project by running
- The other is entered into by running
But the end result looks exactly the same to me; i.e. with either workflow you end up with:
- Project folders and standalone apps for both Android and IOS.
- The ability to modify the Java/Swift code and other settings-related files in those folders.
- The ability to still write React Native code and use Expo libraries.
So what the heck am I missing, and why would I choose one workflow over another when creating a new app? MTIA